Ladies and gentleman,
Welcome to Sätra Hall on tuesday for the great final of the Indoor World Student Championships on 3000m! Never in modern time it has been so tight between runners.
Come and join us as a runner or a spectator!
There will be many runners but only one title! Who will succeed to Per-Olof Åman, winner in 2000. England, Spain, Italy, France, Sweden or Gotland?
- Martin Favorite Vose, England. Leader of Student Grand Prix, PB 8:52 on 3000m. Odds: 2.5
- Jérôme l´Éclair Sénaneuch, France. Student Club Champion on 1500m, just ran 10K under 35 min for his first race. Odds: 3.5
- Göran The Fighter Sander, Sweden. Impressive as well on 10k as on 800m. Just ran 10K under 35 min. Odds: 4
- Cédric The King ;-) Schwartzler, France. PB: 9:17. SGP and Pokal holder for the last three years. Coming back from an injury but the shape seems quite good. Odds: 5.
- Lorenzo Walker Nesi, Italy. PB: 9:20. Strong shape on long distance, preparing Paris Marathon intensively. SGP and Pokal winner 97. Odds: 8.
- Pelle The Routine Åman, Sweden. Amazingly constant year after year. Always a threat for anybody. SGP second 2000. Club Champion on 3000m indoor in 2000. Odds: 8
- Peter The Poison Nilsson, Sweden. On his way back after an injury. Odds: 10
- Tomas The Moose Fritioff, Sweden. Has just ran under 10 minutes and preparing for Paris Marathon. Odds: 10
- Ingemar The Fox Storm, Gotland. Chasing the 10 minutes limit. Living his best form ever. Student Club Champion on 800m. Odds: 12
- Jordi Civill Viaña, Spain. Chasing 10 min as well. Has been training hard in Portugal and has been shadowing his shape so far. Has just broken his own recod on 3000m on traning. Odds: 15.
- Björn The Bear Lindström, Sweden. Precis back from a hard training camp. Hoping to break the 10-minutes limit. Odds: 15
- Klas The Threat Norén, Sweden. Always close behind. May strike surprisingly! Odds: 18
- Laurent La Grenouille Leloup, France. Uncertain for start because of an knee injury. Student Club Champion on 800m last year. Odds: 20.
More runners are expected to come and fight for the title. What about Hans The Guest Nilsson, Kristoffer The Driver Tunander, Roland The Father Persson, Christer The Gottish Klinth, Sören and Olle The Fredrikshof Brothers, Pär The Warrior Andersson, Per Long Hair Ekström...?
Are you coming and fighting with us in the tightest fight Sätra Hall ever seen? What about the others I did not mention? Show your legs and don´t be a chicken!
On the women side, another tight fight is expected between
- Ann The Marathon Woman Björklund, Sweden. SGP-leader after two victories during the last week. Best on long distance. Preparing Prag Marathon. Odds: 2.5
- Cecilia The 800m Champion Föjer, Sweden. Student Club Champion on 800m. SGP second. Best on short distances. Odds: 2.5
- Maria The 1500m Champion Högberg, Sweden. Student Club Champion on 1500m. SGP-third. Odds: 2.5
26 seconds separated them on the finish line at Två Sjöar Runt. It could not be tighter on 3000m, a distance that might be too long or too short...
Welcome on tuesday the 27:th of March in Sätra Hall!